Junior Squad Overview
Welcome to MBC Juniors!
The very successful Molesey Junior Programme is run by our full time Foundation coach Olivier Laplanche and his team of volunteers. We welcome juniors starting in their third year at secondary school (not before please) and guide them through a programme which will progress each athlete to their personal best. The programme is non-selective and a waiting list is maintained on a first-come-first-serve basis.
The rowing training season runs parallel to the school schedule from September through July. Beginner courses are offered in the Easter break and the summer holidays.
Junior members using club equipment are restricted to boating when accompanied by an approved MBC coach.
How to Join
- If you are interested in joining the MBC junior programme, please contact Olivier Laplance at:
- If you would like to be notified of the next course, send an email to:
- When you are accepted into the programme you will need to complete a Junior Membership Form and a Day Event Consent Form and submit the appropriate fee as outlined in the Membership section.
- If you are an experienced coach or a rower who would like to help coach the juniors, please complete the Coach Application form and send it to:
Fees & Charges
- Membership rates are set by the committee in June each year and can be found in the Membership section.
- Race fees are charged for each athlete entered into an event. The amount of the race fee is set by the race organiser; these are typically £10.00 per race event.
- An additional charge of £3.00 per athlete is charged for transportation of the boats and equipment to away races.
- Juniors are asked to deposit £50.00 with the club at the beginning of the season to cover race fees with any unused amount refunded at the end of the season.