Parents & Supporters
We'd love to hear from you
The Parents' Supporters Association has been set up to help coaches in the organisation of activities and fundraising. (Please see the charter below). In order to support our juniors we value your help and support throughout the year.
Please get in touch if you can help:
- Organise transportation
- Assist with the loading of boats on trailers
- Set up hospitality tents at the races
- Organise or help out with a social event
- Suggest or help out with any fun fundraising ideas
We’d love to hear from you, if you would like to offer your assistance in any way - please send an email to:
Become a Social Member
One of the best ways parents can help the club is to become a Social Member.
The benefits of being a Social Members include:
- Enjoying the use of the club bar during opening hours on Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons
- Joining in with the organisation of the many social events held at the club
- Meeting other parents
- New members are always welcome
Sadly, MBC does not have the capacity to transport athletes to events, so we recommend that parents help each other by sharing with lifts. If you do not know the other parents in your group, you can ‘offer’ or ‘request help’ with transportation by going to the Log-in and selecting the ‘Parents Group Bulletins’ section and post a bulletin describing your need/offer.
Please note that all parents are welcome in the clubhouse. Feel free to come upstairs and relax in the warmth of the crew room, or when weather permits - the sunshine of the balcony, while you are waiting for your children.
Parents & Supporters Charter
This group was founded to assist the operation of the Molesey Boat Club Juniors Programme. It meets on an
as-needed basis to organise social activities and team support.
Parents, relatives and friends of Juniors currently participating in squad activities. The aim is to have representatives from all Junior squads.
- Promotes the involvement of parents and families in all MBC events
Organises social events for Juniors and their families, including but not limited to:
- Christmas Tea
- Family Social Fund Raiser
- Molesey Junior Regatta refreshments
- Arranges for tents and refreshments to be provided at events as agreed with the Coaches
- Assists in transporting equipment and Juniors to/from events
- Undertakes fundraising activities to support the Juniors
- Liaises with the Molesey Boat Club Committee in coordinating club events and activities
Minutes of meetings and all other circulated correspondence will be copied to the Junior Squad Manager and Junior Co-ordinator.
Information to squads and parents is only emailed. All parents should ensure that the Junior Administrator has their current email address.