MBC is now recruiting a Head Coach to continue developing the High Performance and Club programmes and build on the strong foundations and results the club has enjoyed in recent years. This position is part funded by British Rowing’s HPPs in Clubs’ initiative, funding for this comes from the National Lottery through Sport England. This may well suit a club or school coach aspiring to take on a HP role, or an assistant coach in an HP program looking for their first Head Coach job
This is a full-time role with time divided between coaching, managing the coaching team, planning and other duties around the club. Depending on the time of year, the hours each week will vary. Duties include:
- Designing and delivering a HP and Club programme for MBC rowers, in collaboration with the Junior Head Coach and Performance Coach
- To prioritise and be in charge of coaching the HP squad athletes, with oversight into the Club programme
- To establish a recruitment strategy with the Head Junior Coach, to attract rowers with the talent and potential to represent the Club
- Leading and managing the MBC HP coaching team, with oversight into the club programme.
- Working alongside the Club committee to increase participation and get involved in fundraising and member activities.
- To be an ambassador for MBC on and off the water.
- You have 5+ years’ experience coaching crews to semi-final level or above in intermediate events at Henley Royal Regatta or equivalent.
- You have coached a crew at World/European Under 23 or FISU Championships or World University Games level or aspire to do so.
- You are constantly looking to evolve your own professional development.
- British Rowing Level 2 Coaching Qualification, or equivalent.
- RYA Powerboat Handling Level 2 (desirable, but not essential)
- ‘B + E’ test (Car plus Trailer), or ‘D1 + E’ (Minibus + Trailer) (or a willingness to gain this)
- First Aid Qualified.
For any further information, or to be considered for this position, please send your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com.
MBC is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date: Friday 3rd of July at 23:59